What is Permify?
Permify is an open-source authorization service for creating and maintaining fine-grained authorizations in your applications.
With Permify you can easily structure your authorization model, store authorization data in a database you prefer, and interact with Permify API to handle all authorization queries from any of your applications.
Permify is inspired by Google’s consistent, global authorization system, Google Zanzibar.
🛡️ Production ready authorization API that serve as gRPC and REST
🔮 Domain Specific Authorization Language - Permify Schema - to easily model your authorization
🔐 Database Configuration to store your permissions in house with high availability
✅ Perform access control checks and get answers down to 10ms with parallel graph engine
💪 Battle tested, robust authorization architecture and data model based on Google Zanzibar
⚙️ Create custom permissions for your tenants, and manage them in single place with Multi Tenancy
In Permify, authorization divided into 3 core aspects; modeling, storing authorization data and access checks.
- See how to Model your Authorization using Permify Schema.
- Learn how Permify Store Authorization Data as relations.
- Perform an Access Checks anywhere in your stack.
This document explains how Permify handles these aspects to provide a robust and scalable authorization system for your applications. For the ones that want trying out and examine it instantly,
Looking for Permify Managed Service? See our pricing plans.
You can find Permify's Public Roadmap here!
Community & Support
We would love to hear from you ❤️
You can get immediate help on our Discord channel. This can be any kind of question-related to Permify, authorization, or authentication and identity management. We'd love to discuss anything related to access control space.
For feature requests, bugs, or any improvements you can always open an issue.
Want to Contribute? Here are the ways to contribute to Permify
- Contribute to codebase: We're collaboratively working with our community to make Permify the best it can be! You can develop new features, fix existing issues or make third-party integrations/packages.
- Improve documentation: Alongside our codebase, documentation one of the most significant part in our open-source journey. We're trying to give the best DX possible to explain ourselfs and Permify. And you can help on that with importing resources or adding new ones.
- Contribute to playground: Permify playground allows you to visualize and test your authorization logic. You can contribute to our playground by improving its user interface, fixing glitches, or adding new features.
You can find more details about contributions on CONTRIBUTING.md.
If you like Permify, please consider giving us a ⭐
Need any help on Authorization ?
Our team is happy to help you anything about authorization. Moreover, if you'd like to learn more about using Permify in your app or have any questions, schedule a call with one of our founders.